2019 Toyota RAV4 Review
Folks around Harvey, New Orleans, and Metairie have eagerly awaited the release of the dynamic 2019 Toyota RAV4. This impressive midsize SUV has a lot to offer drivers, so to better prepare you and give you more details and what’s included with this vehicle, we’re providing this free 2019 Toyota RAV4 review to help you. Some of the key points we’ll be touching on include performance, infotainment, and exterior design.
You can get a first-hand look at the 2019 RAV4 by making a trip to see us at Bohn Toyota!
Performance Features in the 2019 Toyota RAV4
The 2019 Toyota RAV4 follows in the footsteps of previous models by offering stand out performance specifications and a unique list of additional features that will prepare you for the most rugged off-road trail.
Your engine options vary between the 2.5L inline 4-cylinder accompanied by an 8-speed automatic transmission, and the 2.5L inline 4-cylinder hybrid system II accompanied by an electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission.
No matter which engine you choose, you’ll enjoy supreme traction control thanks to features like the Dynamic Torque Vectoring all-wheel drive.
Finally, you can customize your driving style to better match the surrounding terrain. This is possible thanks to the Multi-Terrain Select system which allows you to choose different styles to better handle the likes of snow, mud, sand, or rocks.
The cutting-edge Toyota RAV4 has an appealing exterior design that seamlessly blends luxury and athleticism. There’s also plenty of customizable features so you can create an SUV that matches your distinct personality.
For starters, you’ll find piano black accents spread across the front end, mirror caps, fender arches, and lower rockers. The body of the Toyota RAV4 has also been altered. The high-rise roof rails and large over-fenders give this model a strong and athletic appearance. The redesign of the RAV4 is a step in the right direction toward giving this vehicle a style that’s in-tune with its impressive abilities.
When you’re cruising down the street, the 2-tone exterior paint scheme is sure to draw attention. You can either pair the black roof with Blizzard Pearl, Silver Sky Metallic, Magnetic Gray Metallic, or Blueprint.
Cabin Space & Cargo Capacity
The 2019 RAV4 opens up with 98.9 cubic feet of cabin space with enough seating for five passengers. Passengers in the front row can really spread out with 37.7 inches of headroom and 41 inches of legroom. The riders in the second row get 39.5 inches of headroom and 37.8 inches of legroom. The cargo area is spacious, with 40 inches of flat space that equals 37.6 cubic feet of space. The RAV4 includes the 60/40 split rear bench which can be partially folded to make room for longer items. However, the second row can be completely folded to open the cargo area to 69.8 cubic feet of space.
Learn more about the available cargo space in the 2019 RAV4…
Infotainment & Interior Technology
The Toyota RAV4 has continually impressed with its advanced infotainment set up in past models, and the 2019 version is no different.
You’ll be able to seamlessly mesh your smartphone with your SUV as soon as you climb into the cabin. This is thanks to the comprehensive Entune™ 3.0 multimedia system which features components like Wi-Fi® connect powered by Verizon, hands-free access to Amazon Alexa, and Apple CarPlay™ compatibility that integrate your phone into the touchscreen—keeping you connected at all times while out on the road.
There’s also an 8-inch touchscreen display, which rests comfortably atop the center stack, giving you easy access to numerous systems while you’re driving.
Lastly, you’ll find five different USB ports scattered throughout the front and rear rows, plus an optional Qi wireless charging tray positioned at the front of the center console.
Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 Driver-Assistance Technology Features
The 2019 Toyota RAV4 comes standard with the Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 driver-assistance technology features. These features utilize sensors that are mounted to the exterior of the vehicle. The sensors will measure the vehicle’s distance from the object ahead, as well as its rate of approach to accurately detect a possible collision based on the speed and proximity. These features include:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection: This system will detect an object in the path of the RAV4 and provide a warning if the rate of approach is in danger of a collision. The system will also use braking power to reduce the speed and give the driver time to react and stop the vehicle completely.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist: When the exterior sensors detect that the vehicle is beginning to stray from its lane, selective braking will be applied as well as a slight movement of the steering wheel to ensure that the vehicle stays in its lane.
- Lane Tracing Assist: This system works with the Dynamic Radar Cruise Control to make sure that the vehicle is centered in its highway lane.
- Automatic High Beams: When the sensors detect low natural light, the high beams will come one. When the high beams are active, and the sensors detect an approaching vehicle, the lights will switch over to normal headlights until the vehicle passes.
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control: This system lets you set your cruising speed, along with a preferred distance from the object ahead. The cruise control system will favor the distance over the speed and adapt to the flow of traffic without needing driver intervention to slow down.
- Road Sign Assist: This feature uses the sensors to detect the signs on the road (road conditions, speed limit…) and displays the information on the multi-information screen so you can prepare for any stops, questionable terrain, or a reduction in speed.
Learn More About the Illustrious 2019 Toyota RAV4
At Bohn Toyota, we hope that you found our 2019 Toyota RAV4 review helpful in learning more about what this impressive vehicle offers to your driving experience. Of course, you’re always welcome to drop by our dealership for a closer look and some experience behind the wheel.
When you’re ready to take the next step, schedule your test drive with us at Bohn Toyota! We’re proud to help drivers in Harvey, New Orleans, and Metairie for when it’s time to find their next car!